I am a lover of smoked food. Sadly smoked foods is not cheap and it’s hard to find a decent BBQ place that does smoked food good. I was in the supermarket flicking through taste magazine and came across a Cheat’s Smoked chicken recipe. There I was lining up and buying the magazine just because I wanted one recipe. It was well worth the money because the recipe tasted good but missed a touch of smoked taste so I adapted the recipe for you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! The recipe is simple and easy and you can do everything the night before. It makes a super tasty and easy meal on the weekday.
Recipe adapted from Taste Magazine & Darren Robertson
6 boneless Chicken thighs with skin on
1 tsp of Cumin powder
3 tsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of smoked salt – I used Saxa Smoked Cyphus salt found in Coles
1 tsp of ground coffee
1 tsp of smoked paprika
2 tsp of liquid smoke – Found in David Jones or Specialty food stores
2 tsp of garlic flavoured/infused oil
2 tablespoon of soy sauce/tamari
1. Place chicken in a large glad wrap bag or glass container
2. Mix everything else in a small bowl.
3. Pour seasoning over the chicken and mix well
4. Marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge
5. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees
6. Once the oven is heated, place chicken in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 200 degrees and further roast for another 10 minutes
7. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Dear Reader, what is your favourite Smoked food?